Following consultation with your doctor they may have referred you for:
- Examination by a specialist clinician, including x-ray, scans and blood tests if necessary
- Treatment by physiotherapy, osteopathy, pain management or podiatry professionals
During the appointment the clinician will take a full history, make a physical examination and discuss treatment plans with you prior to starting treatment.
If you have any special requirements such as undertaking assessment and treatment with a female clinician please ask our receptionist on booking your initial appointment. If you would like to bring a family member or friend for support please feel free to bring them along.
It is important that you are on time for each appointment. If you are late we might not be able to see you and if this is repeated you may be discharged from the service. Once you have been discharged from our service for failure to attend your referring doctor will be notified immediately. Access to the service following discharge is through Doctor referral only.
Please see our patient leaflet section where you can find downloadable leaflets (PDF format) with home exercises and self-management advice. Physiotherapy & Podiatry leaflets are available.
If you are referred to hospital or other NHS premises for NHS specialist treatment or diagnostic tests by your doctor, dentist or other health professional, you may be able to claim a refund of reasonable travel costs under the Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme (HTCS).
Our patient advice and liaison service offers patients, their families and careers support, information and help with all services provided by Healthshare Ltd. We can:
- give you information about our services and the choices available to you
- listen to your comments, compliments or concerns about the services provided by us either by telephone of our Patient Satisfaction Survey
- help you to resolve, as quickly as possible, any problems or issues that you have about our services
- give you information about the formal complaints process and independent advocacy services
Contact our patient advice and liaison service
- Call us on 01732 525935. You may get an answering machine if the team is busy. Please leave a message and we will return your call within 24 - 48 hours.
- Write to us using the following address: Patient Information Team, Healthshare Ltd, Suite 9, 20 Churchill Square, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent ME19 4YU.